If this is the year you tie the knot or (plan the tying of someone else’s knot), you know the wedding planning landscape changes constantly. Thanks to social media, you really can’t read literally everything and still be on task to plan an upcoming ceremony. Luckily, we can show you the latest trends for 2015, and you can personalize them to your tastes.
- Outdoor venues. Outdoor venues like farms, parks, and country homes make for the most magical wedding photos, and provide lots of space for your guests to mingle. If you select a venue that combines some indoor space with some outdoor space mitigates risk of inclimate weather, and accommodates guests’ needs for indoor comforts.
- Nautical motifs, Think coral, driftwood, sea glass and pastel shades of blue and green. Perfect for a beach or coastal ceremony, this theme works year-round. Consider creative sea-worthy fabrics like burlap, terry cloth, or canvas.
- Outdoor lodge theme. Perfect for an outdoorsy couple, or a ceremony in the hills or mountains. This motif uses wood and stones with wildflowers – picture a log cabin weekend getaway. Plaids and quilts of every pattern work beautifully with this setting.
- Woodland fairytale. If you loved Maleficent or Frozen, this is for you. Incorporate local tree varieties with roses, peonies, ferns and vines. Use twinkling white lights in the evening for easy enchantment.
- Ombre color scheme. If you don’t want a theme, consider the ombre color trend centered around your favorite color. Collect some paint sample cards at home improvement stores for a free starting point.
- Not just music-entertainment. Weddings are trending away from mostly dancing to offering entertainment for guests like games, fortune tellers and photo booths. Once you select your venue, ask for recommendations of entertainment services that can provide these amusements.
- Your personal hashtag. Since guests will be snapping pics throughout the day with their phones and wifi-enabled cameras, agree on your personal hashtag with your future spouse. Post your hashtag throughout your reception venue so your guests share their photos with you, too, on Instagram and Twitter
- Changing stations at tables. The table is no longer just a place to sit and eat. Make sure your guests can charge their phones at tables throughout the reception area, and be sure to plan for iphones and android phones.